Sunday, July 11, 2010

Remember the Brownie Dilemma?

Remember the brownie dilemma that I had some time ago. No? Well you can read about it at my A Little Brownie Help Please post. Well, I did get in touch with a Baking Guru that was recommended to me by a commenter who recommended some tips that I could do. The next time I make brownies, I will have to come back and do a few of these tips. I don't make brownies very often because how they turn out, but if these tips work, the I'll make brownies regularly as I do cakes.

Here are the tips listed below:

If you are using dark metal pans, please know that they are absorbing more heat and brown more than other baking pans.

Brownies are done when the bars begin pulling away from the sides and when a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out still sticky.

You might be overcooking.


Your oven might not be heating evenly.


The best pans for baking are light colored and shiny.
Pin It

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Lol..Isn't life funny like that. I have all these ideas in my head, but can't seem to get anythin accomplished..lol. Like, I wanted so badly to open up a cupcake shop...I even had my dsign made, and wouldn't you know it..on the streed I travel every day, one opened, and it had just about the same design..then I was thinking of decorating cakes..and the same thing happened last, on the same street...a new cake decorating buinsess opened..lol..I'll find my nich soon. Yeah, I through in the towel with school..so done..lol..Well, gotta go..talk again soon..Barb:)