Thursday, March 29, 2012

Experimental Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

I called this an experimental recipe because I used chocolate chip oatmeal from Quaker. I bought the individual boxed oatmeal to eat, however, the taste wasn't appealing to me. Instead of tossing the rest out ( I had quite a bit of package left of it) I decided to see if it would work in making cookies.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 packets of chocolate chip oatmeal (equivalent to 3 cups)
Directions

  1. Mix the light brown sugar, butter and sugar together in a bowl until it is smooth.
  2. Mix the eggs one at a time in the sugar mixture and then stir in the vanilla.
  3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed sugar mixture and blend them together.
  5. Add the chocolate chip oatmeal.
  6. Drop the cookie mixture by teaspoon or however big you would like them, onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes.



Now after they baked, my cookies were a bit flat. I'm assuming because I did pat them down a bit with the spoon, but otherwise, they turned out really good. I like having my cookies a little bigger than normal, but when I do this again, I may not do them so big and leave them however they form when they are on the cookie sheet.

The recipe that I modified a bit was from allrecipes.com

Pin It